We invite applications for a 2-year (renewable up to 4 years) Post-doctoral researcher working on 2 projects funded by Horizon Europe on ecosystem services and biodiversity values in spatial planning and policies. The projects are large collaborative initiatives involving many top-level institutions in the EU.
Description of the position
The research will be carried out within the EU Horizon Europe projects “BIO-Agora” (Biodiversity Knowledge Agora: Developing the Science Service for European Research and Biodiversity Policymaking) and “BioValue” (Biodiversity value in spatial policy and planning leveraging multi-level and transformative change).
The objectives and tasks consist of:
- Coordinate and implement Demonstration Cases, related to the implementation of the objectives of the EU Biodiversity Strategy to 2030, with particular reference to the aspects concerning nature-based solutions and urban and peri-urban areas;
- Analyze the framework of spatial planning and policies in the EU, identifying opportunities, risks and possible strategies and tools to promote the integration of biodiversity values and ecosystem services and support the Biodiversity Strategy 2030 targets;
- Design frameworks for mapping and assessing ecosystem services (by identifying methods, indicators, data, etc.), and apply them in a set of case studies to support decision-making in various contexts and sectors.
- Research experience in at least one of the following areas:
- analysis of spatial planning and territorial policies and tools at the international level with a focus on the treatment of biodiversity values;
- methods and indicators for mapping and analyzing ecosystem services.
- Good knowledge of GIS
- Previous experience in working at the policy-science interface or in large international projects will be an asset.
Learn more and apply: https://www.unitn.it/en/ateneo/bando/74677/department-dicam-call-for-the-selections-for-the-awarding-of-no-1-research-fellowship-decree-no-2262
Contact: Prof. Davide Geneletti (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Enzo Falco (email@example.com)
Comments are closed